Stormy Daniels offers to return “hush money” to Donald Trump

Actress and porn star, Stormy Daniels, with President of the United States, Donald Trump side by side.

Dina Rama, Reporter

As he makes his way onto the podium to deliver his first speech to the nation, he feels pride within himself as the President of the United States. With his flawlessly tailored suit and blue tie with his hair pushed to the side, he is ready to lead his democratic nation to triumph.

Nonetheless, this perfect fantasy is soon demolished as the tall young woman in her provocative, low cut dress accuses him of silencing her with thousands of dollars. Hence, this secret affair only destroys his reputation and integrity to govern this nation as he becomes a celebrity in the news rather than the leader of the nation.

Porn star Stormy Daniels is offering to return the $130,000 worth of hush money given by President Donald Trump to hide a past affair between the two from a 2006 celebrity golf tournament in Lake Tahoe.

According to CBS News, “A week and a half before the 2016 election, Donald Trump’s personal attorney paid a porn star named Stormy Daniels to keep quiet about her alleged relationship with the Republican candidate for president.”

Daniels, whose legal name is Stephanie Clifford, is currently bound by a nondisclosure and agreement stating that in exchange for the $130,000, she must not disclose any confidential information regarding Trump or his sexual partners.

Today, that arrangement is well on its way to becoming the most talked-about “hush agreement” in history, with potential political and legal implications for the president.

Selina Li, junior and member of the iSchool Student Government Club, commented on the issue: “I am not surprised by the news. I honestly expected to hear more stories emerge against Trump.”

Through his spokesman, Mr. Trump has denied having an affair with Stormy Daniels, and his lawyers are now threatening her with financial ruin, saying she has to pay $1 million dollars every time she violates her agreement to stay silent.

As of now, according to BBC News, “His lawyers are seeking $20m in damages from her, saying she broke a non-disclosure deal signed before the 2016 presidential election.”

In response to this backlash, she has filed a lawsuit against Trump asking to invalidate the agreement since Trump’s signature was not on the agreement in the first place: “According to the suit, Clifford and Trump’s lawyer signed the document, but Trump did not, allegedly making the agreement null and void,” according to the Huffington Post.

Moreover, the actress was aggressively forced into signing the agreement by Trump and his attorney, Mike Cohen, as part of an effort to avoid revealing the truth once he married Melania Knauss on January 22, 2005.

According to Advisor and teacher, Ms. Wallace, she confirms, “Coercing someone and paying them to be silenced is bribery and immoral, which is unjustifiable.”

“In a letter to, her attorney, Michael Avenatti, says Daniels ‘will pay $130,000 to President Trump by wire transfer, to an account designated by the president’, by this Friday,” according to the National Public Radio.

“Verbal agreements with the absence of a verifiable signature on paper cannot be validated and therefore it is indefensible for Daniels to pay substantial payments to Trump,” Senior Mostafa Sidelmehdi explained.  

Hence, invalidating the agreement and permitting Daniels to disclose any information regarding their relationship.

“Ms. Clifford wants to be able to tell her story directly to the American people and say what happened with the president, as well as his efforts to silence her,” Avenatti told The Guardian on Monday.

Due to such coercion, Daniels is unwilling to keep her silence, and refuses to undergo the financial and legal punishment for being in possession of undisclosed evidence.