Najip Gil: Class clown

Najip+Gil+

Najip Gil

Danny Goyette

It’s 9:30 in the morning, and some students are slowly sipping coffee. Others are half-asleep, barely listening to the teacher. Not Najip Gil. Najip sits atop the table twisted into a pretzel, purposefully mispronouncing obviously simple words and overall lightening the mood.

Mornings, along with every hour of the school day, can be quite stressful. Who wouldn’t want the occasional laugh? Alike all other schools, there are many funny students that can make your boring science class fun. But out of all the 10th graders, Najip Gil takes the cake. His distinct ability to hold a straight face during any joke only adds to the humor.

Even in the most stressful times you can count on Najip to make you laugh. Sophomore Ryohei Shima has taken some classes with Najip and says that “He’s very funny” and doesn’t always find his jokes inappropriate or disruptive.

There are many different types of comedy in the classroom, ranging from a small joke to full on class clown. Najip said that “I just like making people laugh,” and “I try not to cross a line, so that teachers and students don’t get mad at my shenanigans”.

Being one of the funniest kids in the grade can be a burden, although he does get plenty of positive reactions. Sophomore Maria Esposito believes that “Some teachers find him funny, but some can find him disruptive”. Overall, Najip is a student who has found the perfect balance between a normal student and a trouble making jokester.