NYC iSchool clubs

Andrew Rivera and Marcus Kroner-Martin

Clubs are the legs and the arms of the NYC iSchool. They are what makes the iSchool so unique compared to all of the other high schools in the city.

The  NYC iSchool provides their students with endless clubs that many students created and run. This gives students endless possibilities and things to do within the clubs. These clubs bring many people together who share the same opinion or interested in a subject or idea.

Clubs provide the iSchool studies with the feeling of hospitality in the community. Many people in these clubs reach out to other students as much as possible to join and be part of their little community, spreading from the red cross club, who help give back to the community, to Theater production which provides students with the opportunity to act in front of iSchool in some of their favorite plays.

Alison Nelson, a student in theater production, says “I have been into theater all of my life, and I fit in being part of the club”. She said that everyone has the opportunity to do what they want to.

Alison explains that the “energy” of the club had changed from the beginning to now. “Everyone, in the beginning, was quiet and shy when performing, and now everyone is comfortable with each other”.

Many clubs that are provided by the iSchool also help students prepare for college and give them some credits that they need to graduate.

Rebecca explains that she loves that iSchool is giving them an opportunity to give back to the community.

“I really enjoy doing community service because I know that I am helping someone who needs it”.

Rebecca said that “more people should join this club because they will feel good about themselves after taking part in something that helps someone”.

Clubs in the iSchool really help bring the students together, by providing a little community of people who share the same interests and ideas as you. I believe that this is what will make the school grow in the future.