Amazon video review

Amazon video review

Kofi Owens Lopez, Reporter

We all know about Amazon.com, which is simply the largest online shopping retailer that lists things from clothing to electronics and even select food items.

Founded in 1994 by Jeff Bezos, it lists a variety of items up for sale and has even branched off to its own streaming website called Amazon Video.

Amazon Video offers digital movies and TV shows that people can watch on their devices, kind of like Netflix. With Amazon Video, you can buy, rent, and watch these movies on the go or even just at home through the purchase of Amazon Prime, which is $99 a year.

Amazon Prime Video is relatively ignored by many of its Prime members, but according to Fool.com’s article on Amazon Video, an estimated total of 54 million people have Prime accounts apparently making it bigger than Netflix in the U.S. It just so happens that some users of this streaming website are students at the iSchool.

“I love Amazon Video,” said Margareta Stern, a sophomore, “I feel like there is more variety in TV shows and movies than Hulu or Netflix.”

She loves to use Amazon Video in her daily life and considers it more useful than regular cable.

Lucas Rivera, a sophomore at the iSchool, likes the cost as well, “…since I already have Amazon Prime, it’s easier and cheaper for me and my family to use rather than paying extra for Netflix.”

“I can imagine seeing Amazon Video surpassing any other streaming websites due to it being connected to such a big company,” said Jasper Willey.

Amazon Prime Video still has a lot of room to grow due to its lack of improvements in the quality of their streaming. Maybe with a few miner adjustments to sort of clean up the efficiency of the website will get more and more of its 54 million Prime users to realize that Amazon Video is a better choice than many other streaming services.