The iNews Network

Terrorism against Muslims

Dalia Amin

Recent news has discovered a shocking and horrifying reality. In the United Kingdom parts of Britain and England people have been receiving horrific letters from anonymous senders in blank white envelopes. The headline of each letter reads “Punish A Muslim Day.” It was said that April 3rd it would be the most significantly horrifying day, where the people would rebel against the muslim society in the utmost violent ways.

Senior Monia Saleh says, “I’ve personally been discriminated against.” She continues to say “It hurts to know that you are hated for something that you didn’t even do, for a crime you did not even commit.”

Another student at the iSchool named Anahi Espinal says in another interview, “I’ve seen many Muslims being publicly discriminated against with my own two eyes. People are so cruel and can be so uneducated, because their hatred comes from actions of a few other individual people and so they decide to blame a whole group, how is that even fair?” The answer is that it isn’t fair.

A History teacher at the iSchool, Jay Finkelstein says, “Islamophobia is the hatred and discrimination against Muslims. Many people mistake the actions of terrorists as if they are the actions of all the people. The Quran does not teach violence or hatred.”

Islam is the fastest and largest growing religion around the world. And people have been become more and more educated about the religion and the culture. Students in public and private school have made movements in the name of the religion and its people against violence and discrimination against Muslims. “Racism and discrimination should not be tolerated against Muslims, in no way is the religion nor the vast majority of the people at fault for the actions of a few individuals, Muslims are not violent people,” says Monia.

• News

Alma Reiss-Navarre emerges victorious from first congressional debate

• News

By the students, for the students: The walkout for gun control

• Terrorism against Muslims

News

Bill Cosby found guilty

• Terrorism against Muslims

News

Stormy Daniels offers to return “hush money” to Donald Trump

• Terrorism against Muslims

News

Two more bombs in Schertz, Texas, after explosions in Austin

• Terrorism against Muslims

Features

Slower driving in our streets: Protect our youth

• Terrorism against Muslims

News

Diversity of culture through food

• Terrorism against Muslims

News

Marjory Stoneman Douglas: Recovery and the aftermath

• Terrorism against Muslims

News

What a war between The United States and North Korea could mean

• Terrorism against Muslims

News

Unidentified flying object: Do we have company?

The Student News Site of NYC iSchool
Terrorism against Muslims