The iNews Network

The Views of Kanye West

West+performing+during+The+Meadows+Music+%26amp%3B+Arts+Festival+at+Citi+Field+on+October+2016+in+Queens%2C+New+York.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Views of Kanye West

West performing during The Meadows Music & Arts Festival at Citi Field on October 2016 in Queens, New York.

Taylor Hill

Taylor Hill

Taylor Hill

Luis Sanchez, Reporter

Kanye West has been known to express his feelings about pop culture. Recently, he opened up about being diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder at age 39, his battle with depression, and growing up in Chicago. Although people praise Kanye for being so open about his life, many fans are unhappy with his recent political outbreak.

According to Vanity Fair, Kanye West said, “If I [had] voted, I would have voted for Trump. That [doesn’t] mean that I don’t think that black lives matter. That [doesn’t] mean I don’t believe in women’s rights. I wanted to say that before the election, but they told me, ‘whatever you do, don’t say that out loud.’ Not only did I not vote, but there were a lot of things I actually liked about Trump’s campaign. His approach was f—ing genius—because it worked.”

During the interview with USA Today West, 41, spoke about multiple things including gun rights, racism, and his political ideas including how he supports Donald Trump.

Recently he has been more active on social media, twitter to be exact, discussing politics and his ideas on them. He also posted on Instagram a picture wearing a M.A.G.A (Make America Great Again) hat which Donald Trump used for his campaigns.

According to West, when asked why he wears the M.A.G.A hat he said “You know, they tried to scare me to not wear this hat – my own friends. But this hat, it gives me – it gives me power, in a way. You know, my dad and my mom separated, so I didn’t have a lot of male energy in my home. And also, I’m married to a family that – (laughs) – you know, not a lot of male energy going on. It’s beautiful, though. But there’s times where, you know, there’s something about – you know.” Hopefully, from this point out, West will stick to writing the songs we know and love.

About the Writer
Luis Sanchez, Reporter

Luis Sanchez is a reporter at the iSchool, loves to hang out with his friends after school, and loves to listen to music and watch his favorite shows​.

• The Views of Kanye West

Arts & Entertainment

I Want To Break Free: Fact-checking “Bohemian Rhapsody” and LGBT representation

• The Views of Kanye West

Arts & Entertainment

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Review

• Arts & Entertainment

What is art?

• The Views of Kanye West

Arts & Entertainment

The Thanksgiving TV binge

• The Views of Kanye West

Arts & Entertainment

Songs of the summer: 2018

• The Views of Kanye West

Arts & Entertainment

Hip-Hop’s supervillain: MF Doom

• Arts & Entertainment

NYC iSchool 2018 Spring Concert

• The Views of Kanye West

Arts & Entertainment

“Freaks and Geeks:” The New Generation

• The Views of Kanye West

Arts & Entertainment

Are violent video games really that bad?

• The Views of Kanye West

Arts & Entertainment

Review of “Isle of Dogs”: When animal rivalry becomes lethal

The Student News Site of NYC iSchool
The Views of Kanye West