All about strikes and scores with Tsedale Forbes

Marcely Estevez, Brianly Urena, and Nick Lief

Regardless of the insufficient space at the NYC iSchool, the school does not fail to meet its students needs when it comes to sports. The iSchool offers a variety of sports like baseball, soccer, track, volleyball and bowling. If you’re an athletic student like Tsedale Forbes, a junior from the NYC iSchool, this is good news for you.

The auditorium was soon filled with students that were waiting to sign up. The bowling coach, Jannette Scott,was nearly disappearing in the wave of students that were trying to tear an application out of her hands as she struggled to explain instructions.

As the deadline neared its termination, students waited with angst to be notified about their acceptance. Cheers roared through the hallways as students ran around telling their friends that they have been accepted. This was back in the beginning of September. Now in October, the bowling team has played several games against other teams. Through winnings and losses, the team sticks together and have fun all while playing.

With Tsedale being a member on the team, we asked her about her bowling experience: “I have played bowling recreationally before, but since the season started I have been playing for nearly one month now.” It seems that she recently discovered competitive bowling, and decided to participate at the one at the iSchool.

Also, Tsedale said that she enjoys playing on the team: “I think it is important to make new friends, and significant to learn new things. And lastly, I wanted to have fun while I earned my P.E. credit.” Tsedale also mentioned, “I play many different kinds of sports such as basketball, baseball, badminton, tennis and swimming!” This junior clearly plays a variety of sports, so we can trust Tsedale to assume that the bowling team at the iSchool is really fun, sociable, a good way to earn your P.E. credit, and students should definitely sign up!