Is advisory actually helpful?

Ms. Leimsider’s 9th grade advisory is held in room 506.

Fatima Moreira, Section Editor

All students at the iSchool have advisory. Some schools don’t have advisory, but the iSchool is lucky enough to have advisory!

Advisory is a group where you have the same teacher all 4 years if you feel comfortable with your advisor. In advisory you can talk about anything: grades, issues at home, etc.

Kacy Pena, a freshman at the iSchool stated, “Advisory is helpful to me because it helps me keep track and interact with my teachers to help improve my current grades and issues in class such as participation, test scores, assignments,etc. It also helps develop stronger bonds with other students”.

There is an equal amount of students who believe that advisory is beneficial for students. But then there’s students that also believe that advisory is not beneficial.

Tariq Smith, a freshman, explained that “Advisory is not helpful because I feel like we just go there and do nothing it’s just a waste of time”.

Freshman Alliyah Logan believed that advisory is beneficial because “whenever I have problems at home I can just go to my advisory teacher, and she helps me feel better.”

I believe that advisory is actually very helpful because students always need some sort of support, especially in their high school years where school gets harders and teens may face more problems.

Kezia Dickson, a sophomore stated, “Advisory is beneficial in certain ways because we have the same people for 4 years, and we feel comfortable being with the same people”.

Many students believe that advisory is beneficial for students. Of Course, teachers believe that advisory is beneficial too.

Science teacher Peter Mulroy said, “Yes it’s helpful for parents and students to have something that supports them and students stay with the same group for all 4 years so they get comfortable around their peers.”

Advisory is very helpful for students. Not all students are given this opportunity. Do you think that advisory is beneficial for students, too?!