Review: NYC iSchool’s winter concert

Tyler Baguio and Lucas Rivera

The annual iSchool Winter Concert that took place on December 20th was really a sight to see.

Students and teachers from all grades  stayed to watch and support the iSchool rock and jazz bands. Student musicians practiced weeks in advance to produce amazing music and put on a show for the iSchool family.

Sophomore Cade Smith, who watched the show from the crowd, really enjoyed the experience: “They put a lot of hard work into this and it really payed off in the end. The musicians did a really nice job.”

He says he is looking forward to going to the next concert.

Chris Bell, one of the sophomores playing them  piano in the Jazz band said, “We really had a fun time and enjoyed the experience. I loved playing in front of the crowd and seeing them all enjoy our music just as much as I did.”

Kofi Owens Lopez, a guitarist, argued that the tuner everyone used for their instruments got glitched and messed up the sound during the Rock band’s performance.

“I just want to say that we weren’t expecting the little tuner problem that messed up our instruments. Hopefully people don’t realize we were out of tune.”

The iSchool Jazz band and two Rock bands put on an exciting show for all to see. Students and teachers were really impressed with the musicians performances.

The night ended with the audience’s applause and the musicians bowing to their last song of the night.