Soho restaurants and eateries: Essen

Soho restaurants and eateries: Essen

Jasper Willey and Wilfry Cruz

From the moment you order, to the moment you finish your meal, the trip to Essen should be a pleasant one. Excellent food and impeccable service are what makes the Soho lunch spot one of the best.

Essen is a very popular lunch spot for iSchool students due to its proximity to the school and the quality of the food, however, the food can be a bit pricey.

At Essen, students can go to the different sections of the eatery and order a variety of food. Essen serves mainly sandwiches, but there are also salads and other eclectic foods such as Ramen, burgers, fries, sushi, and soups.  

“It’s really expensive,” said Lucas Rivera, a sophomore at the iSchool, and a rare visitor of Essen because of the expensive foods. Sandwiches tend to be around eight dollars or more, and salads cost about the same.

Lunch at Essen tends to set you back more than ten dollars if you are going to get a full meal. This is what keeps a lot of iSchool students from going there constantly.

However, Essen has gotten high marks when it comes to hygiene in its stores. “The hygiene is very good,” said iSchool freshman Kofi Owens-Lopez, a regular visitor because of the quality of the food served.

The main selling point of Essen is the quality of the food; the food is some of the best you can find in the neighborhood.

“Essen’s food is really good, their sandwiches are their best item,” said iSchool freshman Lucas Scharankov. He regularly goes to Essen because of their popular sandwiches.

Lines can be long at Essen, but cashiers are very fast, and a very long line tends to be a very quick, 2-3 minute wait.

Essen may be on the expensive side, but in a neighborhood like Soho, almost everything is pricey. It’s a popular choice because of how close it is to school and its delectable food. Essen will always be a popular spot around the iSchool neighborhood for those reasons.