Super Bowl LI

Super Bowl LI

The Super Bowl is the most watched and most popular events in America. Over 100 million people every year turn on their TVs, throw parties and order buffalo wings for this one game. Because so many people watch this game, a short 30-second commercial costs 5 million dollars alone.

This year, Super Bowl LI (51) is taking place on Sunday, February 5th in Houston, Texas, and many iSchool students have said that they have the date marked on their calendars and Dominos on speed dial.

Many teams this season have proven that they are worthy to be in the Super Bowl this year. The New England Patriots went 14-2 during the regular season, with Tom Brady, Julian Edelman, and Rob Gronkowski leading the team.

The Green Bay Packers are also performing very well this year, with quarterback Aaron Rodgers leading the league in most passing yards this season. They recently beat the New York Giants, including Eli Manning, who had the second most passing yards this year, and Odell Beckham Jr, who had 10 touchdowns this year alone.

Many iSchool students support Green Bay and think that they deserve to win the title this year.

Learning specialist Mr. Singh said, “I think it will come down to the Packers and Patriots this year. But isn’t Tom Brady a little old? He only has a few more years left in him.”

Senior Trayvon McCarroll said, “Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL. He is king of the Hail Mary pass and deserves to win this year. They scored 50 something touchdowns this season and will beat the Patriots when it comes to it.”

The Dallas Cowboys also did very well during the regular season with a record of 13-3 and with rookie quarterback Dak Prescott and rookie running back Ezekiel Elliott. This was a very impressive accomplishment and has not been done too many times before.

Raffi Bock, a 10th grade student at the iSchool, loves the Cowboys and said, “I believe the Cowboys will win because they had a great regular season and I always root for the underdog.”

All of the iSchool students and teachers who are following and watching the playoffs will have to wait and see which teams survive the playoffs and which two teams will clash in this year’s Super Bowl.