Gym change

Gym+change

Did you ever join a sports team or club in school? The NYC iSchool has many sports teams and after-school programs.  

The only problem is that the iSchool doesn’t have enough space in the school to really change anything. The iSchool doesn’t have a place to put a gym that is a big enough area where we can host our own teams.

Something that people would recommend is to get in contact with the recreational center and see if it would be possible to hold basketball events there.

In a recent interview with sophomore Savion Wise Fordham regarding the gym at school, he said, “if our gym would be like the rec. and we would do practices there, then I feel like it would be a lot better than the auditorium, because in the auditorium the floor is wired and the ceiling is too low so you can’t really shoot around.”

Another sophomore, Collin Howell, said, “I feel like the JV team would get better playing there because we can practice in a real gym.”

Freshman Peter Haas said that “the JV team can get more serious and get some wins with a real gym to practice in.”

Sophomore, Derek Rodriguez, said, “the JV team will get better and start playing more as a team if we get good practice in and start winning. We like need a better gym than the one in the auditorium.”

This feedback tells can tell us that the student body feels that making an upgrade in the gym makes teammates feel like they will win.