Just because iSchool’s shiny doesn’t mean it’s clean

Ada Steinberg, Section Editor

You look at this hallway, and it appears clean and safe, but little do you know the ceiling is probably a few years away from falling and the radiators are filled with dust bunnies….

The iSchool isn’t dangerously dirty, but there are those secret spots that need a little extra help and attention.
The stairwells are pretty clean; they’re all exactly same. Grey stairs with red railings that I’ve yet to see someone touch.
That type of paint that shines and draws your attention without color, but feels sticky and like a bad decision.
The girls bathroom looks like a cool, chill place to chat with your girlfriends, if only you weren’t about to have a heat stroke every time you walked in.
The stalls are small, which isn’t the issue. Going to the bathroom wouldn’t be crowded if there were more than 3 stalls for 4 grades of high school girls.
“Teacher, the
radiator ate my late pass!”
Let’s talk about important issues the iSchool needs to address… You might say “behind the curtain” or “behind the scenes” I say, “behind the iSchool radiators.”
Yes, you may have been wondering, “what about the boys’ bathroom?”… well, it’s like one of those horrible scary movies where the trailer doesn’t look THAT bad (like this image) , but ends up being worse than you could have ever predicted.
It’s weird, even though food is restricted from the commons, for cleanliness reasons they claim, it seems to smell a lot like rotten food and sweaty teenagers.