Is the girl’s bathroom good enough?

Ziyi Zhao

The girls’ bathroom is getting a lot of complains. Sometimes the toilet paper is all over the place, the floor is full of water,and the temperature inside is too hot should all be fixed.

Mirrors are important to teenagers, and I think the school should have a mirror in the bathroom.

People think the girls’ bathroom is okay. Sophomore Selina Li rates it a 4 out of 10 points.

Freshman Saumya Grover said, ”it’s better than a lot of the schools, but I think we can still get some requirements.”

Some students feel that the the bathroom is really hot, especially during the summer.Getting an air conditioner will make it a more comfortable place.

Students also think that the girl’s bathroom should have mirror, Saumya said “definitely, yes! I get some teacher said we will spend more time in the bathroom if we have a mirror, but it’s just really necessary, because after PE, sometimes I’m just really sweaty, and it’s really bad that I Just walk into a classroom like that. ”

We can chose some students to take care the bathroom, and the school can give some extra credit for doing that. I’m sure there will be some student who would like want to receive the credit. Also the school can save money of hiring people to do it base on that.

The picture below asks students to donate money for the iSchool mirrors please give the donation to Ms.Colon. But Is people really going to donate money for the mirrors at school? Selena Said:” I will donate 2 pennies for the mirror.” which I think she is joking, and Saumya think that:”the school can raise up the price of the bake sale, and I will donate some money if the school needs to, but not like a crazy amount of money.”

img_0074-2

The bathroom is a very important place in a school. I think that not just the girl’s bathroom, we need a mirror in the boy’s bathroom too, because we support gender equality at the iSchool.

So, how can we fix the problem in the bathroom? As the interview quotes before, that we can use the parents donation to buy the mirrors, or we can make students donate 1 or 0.5 dollars or so, money is not a problem. I mean, why don’t we do such things that is not so hard to do but very useful? And also make everyone happy about it? For many people, they walk in a bathroom and see no mirrors! That is a very big deal! Because there is a lot of people go to the bathroom only for checking their faces and outfits. So will you donate for this worthy cause?