Tryouts are never easy

Tryouts are never easy

Jeremy Welsh-El and Austin Yu

Students are nervous for tryouts. They train themselves whether it’s raining or sunny outside.

Students who plays sports take tryouts very seriously because it determines whether you’re on the team or not. Tryouts are difficult. When the coach start to call names, you start to feel like you need to use the restroom. Tryouts aren’t meant to be easy because the coach is looking for players who can help the team win.

“I was working on my game during the summer,” said sophomore Derek Rodriguez.

Athletes train most of the time because they want to make sure they make the team. For example, the basketball players go to practice but not all of the meetings. When there is a meeting at the school, 75% of basketball players may attend, but all of the students arrive on time for practice. Tryouts make everyone nervous because tryout is what will determine whether you joining the team or not.

“After the basketball meeting, I would go to a recreation center and play basketball games for like one hour and half trying to improve my game said sophomore,” said Derek Rodriguez.

The requirement isn’t what the students are worried about. Some students may worry about maintaining a certain average and attending 90% of school. If you’re passing your classes and your attendance is good, then you’re one step closer to making the team.

“I’m just worried about how I play at try outs because i’m passing my classes,” said sophomore Kenneth Guerrero.

Tryouts were never easy and never will be.